Dear Customers, Business Partners, and Future Customers:
As we move through this unprecedented situation with COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we remain primarily focused on two things: the safety of our employees/customers and the continuity of our business. We remain 100% operational and committed to serving the needs of our customers. We’ve taken several steps to ensure we are safeguarding our employees and adhering to guidance from the CDC, as well as federal and local authorities.
Earlier this month, the ABS Leadership Team reviewed our business continuity plans and quickly implemented them where needed. All areas of ABS continue to operate effectively. We do not anticipate any situation that would cause us not to be able to meet or exceed our business obligations. Over the past 3 weeks, ABS has been communicating our plans as well as pertinent information to our customers and contacts via email bulletins, and these communications will continue.
Being a technology company, ABS already utilizes many tools which enable all critical ABS functions to operate effectively from a remote location, including:
- Our teleworking policies and procedures allow for 100% functionality across all departments.
- These remote processes are enabled by VPN connections, remote desktop sessions, videoconferencing, teleconferencing, and a configurable customer service call center, etc.
- In addition to email, we are utilizing teleconferencing and videoconferencing for all internal and external communications to remove all in-person meetings.
- We are communicating with our customers, strategic partners, and vendors to ensure their continuity plans are flowing correctly so that we may all provide continuous business operations.
Keeping Employees and Customers Safe
We continue to manage the situation with great care and vigilance to ensure the health and safety of our employees, their families, and customers.
- The majority of ABS Team Members are working remotely on a daily basis. On any given day, a limited number may come to the office; they are required to practice social distancing and follow other CDC guidelines.
- We have implemented new procedures to ensure we are providing a clean and safe work environment including additional office cleanings, more cleanings of high touch areas, the distribution of antibacterial wipes to each employee, and a restriction on processing mail and packages that are delivered to the office.
- Monitor closely and follow best practices from health and government organizations.
- We continue to offer the options for customers to opt-in for email invoicing and electronic updates in lieu of mail and packages.
- We are taking every precaution on outgoing mail and packages, such as hand washing prior to handling and using hand sanitizer and/or gloves.
- All visitation to the ABS office and all non-essential travel has been postponed.
- All events, including internal events and conferences, scheduled in March and April have been cancelled or postponed.
We encourage you to follow federal, state, and local government, and CDC guidelines and practice them in your own companies. Get creative with digital technology when implementing your social distancing plans for day-to-day operations, meetings, and networking. Instead of cancelling events, postpone them to later dates. Plan now to get back on schedule in the summer and fall months. The more we plan, the better our chances for a faster recovery.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding ABS’s business continuity plans, please reach out to our COVID-19 response team at COVID@alliedbiz.com. If you have not received the six ABS bulletins related to the COVID-19 crisis, please let us know immediately.
Visit the CDC website for real time information and updates regarding COVID-19.
President & CEO